At Mahopac National Bank, your security is our top priority. That’s why we have partnered with Trusteer, a leading expert in financial security, to offer Trusteer Rapport online fraud protection software, customized to protect users of Mahopac National Bank Internet Banking – at no cost to you.
Trusteer Rapport is online fraud and identity theft protection software that protects your User ID, password, and other information from fraudsters. It also helps prevent malware and fraudulent websites from stealing this sensitive information.
Trusteer Rapport is a lightweight security software solution that protects web communication between enterprises, such as banks, and their customers. It implements a completely new approach to protecting customers. By locking down customer browsers and creating a tunnel for safe communication with the online website, Trusteer Rapport prevents Man-in-the-Browser malware and Man-in-the-Middle attacks. It also prevents phishing via website authentication to ensure that account credentials are passed to genuine sources only.
Industry analysts at Online Banking Report described Rapport as “...a major boost in fraud protection...” and named Trusteer Rapport “Best of the Web.”
Trusteer Rapport Overview:
- Keeps your computer's connection with our website safe so criminals can't access it when you’re using Internet Banking. Trusteer Rapport can also be used to protect other sites where you use financial information, such as online shopping.
- Trusteer Rapport should be downloaded to each PC or MAC you use to access secure websites, with a login ID and password, to help protect you from Malware, Phishing, Pharming, Session Hi-jacking, and Keylogging.
- Works in conjunction with your anti-virus software and firewall to provide an extra layer of protection.
- Takes only moments to download and install. It begins protecting immediately upon installation with no need to restart your computer.
- Works with the major browsers. Click here for detailed information on supported browsers and recommended hardware.
- Does not interfere with your computers normal processes; runs quietly in the background.
- Alerts you when you visit a fake website that looks like the Mahopac National Bank site, which may result from Phishing, Pharming.
- You’ll know Trusteer Rapport is running when you see the icon in your browser's address bar.
Protected website the icon is green:
Unprotected website the icon is gray:
- To protect a website, click on the Trusteer Rapport icon (if gray) and click "Protect this Website." The Trusteer Rapport icon will turn green to let you know it is now protecting the website.
- No special connection or maintenance required. As future updates become available, they are pushed to Trusteer Rapport automatically at no charge
- Supported by Trusteer. In the rare case that your computer has an issue after downloading Rapport, please contact Trusteer Support by clicking here or Internet Banking at 1-888-300-0110 or email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: It is important to contact Trusteer Support or Internet Banking immediately if an issue occurs to ensure it is diagnosed properly. Most issues can be resolved simply by adjusting a security setting within the software.
- Free to our Consumer and Commercial Internet Banking clients. Log into Internet Banking to download now.
- For Cash Management customers using IronKey hardware, Trusteer Rapport is compatible and can be used as an additional layer of security. However, for those cash management customers provided with IronKey hardware by the bank because of the specialized nature, volume, and amount of their electronic transactions, Trusteer Rapport should not be used in lieu of IronKey; rather, it can be used along with IronKey.
- Click here to see Trusteer's Frequently Asked Questions.
Learn more about Trusteer Rapport security software
Note: By downloading and installing Trusteer Rapport security software you agree with all Trusteer terms and conditions. Mahopac National Bank is not responsible for, nor do we guarantee, the content or services associated with this product. All problems, questions or concerns regarding Trusteer Rapport security software should be directed to http://www.trusteer.com/support.