CONSUMER'S LIABILITY. You
will tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Debit/ATM card and/or PIN
number has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an electronic
fund transfer has been made without your permission using information
from your Debit/ATM Card. Telephoning us is the best way of keeping your
possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account
(plus your maximum overdraft line of credit.) If you tell us within 2
business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Debit/ATM
card and/or PIN number, you can lose no more than fifty dollars ($50.00)
if someone used your Debit/ATM card and/or PIN number without your
If you do NOT tell us
within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your
Debit/ATM card and/or PIN number and we can prove we could have stopped
someone from using your Debit/ATM card and/or PIN number without your
permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as five hundred
Liability for Unauthorized Point of Sale Transactions. Tell us AT ONCE
if you believe your Debit/ATM Card has been lost or stolen or of any
unauthorized transactions. Your liability for unauthorized transactions
that take place on the system is zero dollars ($0.00). We may require
you to provide a written statement regarding claims of unauthorized
transactions. With respect to unauthorized transactions, these limits
may be exceeded to the extent allowed under applicable law (see
CONSUMER'S LIABILITY paragraph) only if we determine that you were
grossly negligent or fraudulent in the handling of your account.
if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, including
those made by Debit/ATM card and/or PIN number or other means, you will
tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the
statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money that you
lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped
someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
you use an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) not owned by us, you may be
charged a fee by the ATM operator or any network used (and you may be
charged a fee for a balance inquiry) even if you do not complete a fund
CONTACT IN EVENT OF UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFER. If
you believe your Debit/ATM card and/or PIN number has been lost or
stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your
account without your permission, you will call (877) 282-0444 or write
Card Services Department at TOMPKINS FINANCIAL CORP, P.O. Box 460,
Ithaca, NY 14851. You should also call the number or write to the
address listed above if you believe a transfer has been made using the
information from your Debit/ATM Card without your permission.
For purposes of these disclosures, our business days are Monday,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Holidays are not included.
TYPES OF TRANSFERS. You
may authorize certain direct deposits to your checking or savings
account. You may authorize certain bills and other payments to be
deducted from your checking or savings accounts. A merchant may convert
your check in payment for merchandise or services into an electronic
funds transfer from your account.
You may use your Debit/ATM card and/or PIN number to:
- Make deposits to your checking and savings accounts.
- Pay bills directly from your checking account in the amounts and on the days you request.
- Pay for purchases at places that have agreed to accept the Debit/ATM card and/or PIN number.
- Transfer funds between your checking and savings accounts.
- Withdraw cash from your checking and savings accounts.
- Verify account balances (which might include funds on hold, not available for immediate withdrawal).
- Mobile Check Deposit.
- Make Payments to Consumer Loans you have with Tompkins.
- Report Debit/ATM card lost, activate Debit/ATM card, change the PIN on the Debit/ATM Card.
Some of these services may not be available at all terminals. Additional services may be available; ask for details.
ELECTRONIC CHECK CONVERSION. You
may authorize a merchant or other payee to make a one-time electronic
payment from your checking account using information from your Debit/ATM
- Pay for purchases
- Pay bills
LIMITATIONS ON DOLLAR AMOUNTS AND FREQUENCY OF TRANSFERS:
- $500 for total daily ATM withdrawals
- $500 for PIN based Debit transactions for up to 10 transactions per day
- $5,000 for Credit or Signature based transactions for up to 10 transactions per day
- $5,000 for total daily Cash Advances
submitted through our Internet Banking Bill Pay service are limited to a
maximum of $9,999.99 per individual payment, and a maximum aggregate
total of $20,000 per business day
- External Transfer submitted
through our Internet Banking service (optional transfers to account(s)
at other US financial institutions are limited to a maximum of $3,000
per business day.
- $2500 or 3 checks per day/$5000 or 10 checks per calendar month for Mobile Check Deposit.
Ask for our Schedule of Fees for a listing of maintenance fees and service charges applicable to your Debit/ATM Card.
Your Debit/ATM Card may be deactivated after 12 months of inactivity.
CONFIDENTIALITY. We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers, or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party such as a credit bureau or merchant, or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders, or
- If you give us written permission
Terminal Transfers. You
can get a receipt at the time you make any transfer over $15.00 to or
from your account using one of our automated teller machines or
point-of-sale terminals. You may not be given the option to receive a
receipt if your transaction is $15.00 or less depending on the merchant
as they are not required to provide a receipt for any transaction for
$15.00 or less.
Preauthorized Credits. If
you have arranged to have direct deposits made to your account at least
once every 60 days from the same person or company you can call us at
your Bank's phone number below to find out whether the deposit has been
Periodic Statements. You
will get a monthly account statement unless there are no electronic
transfers in a particular month. In any case, you will get the statement
at least quarterly.
Stop Payments. If
you have told us in advance to make regular payments out of your
account, you can stop any of these payments by phoning or mailing us in
time for us to receive your request three business days or more before
the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we can also require
you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after
your call. We will charge you a fee for each stop payment order you
give us. (See Schedule of Fees)
Trust Company: please call (607) 273-3210 or write TOMPKINS TRUST
COMPANY, Customer Records Department, P.O. Box 460, Ithaca, NY 14851
- The Bank of Castile: please call (585) 237-5690 x29221 or write THE BANK OF CASTILE, 133 N. Center St, Perry, NY 14530
- Mahopac Bank: please call (845) 278-1000 or write MAHOPAC BANK, 630 Route 6, Mahopac, NY 10541
Notice of Varying Amounts. If
these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to
pay will tell you, 10 days before each payment, when it will be made and
how much it will be. (You may choose instead to get this notice only
when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the
previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits
that you set.)
Liability for Failure to Stop Payment of Preauthorized Transfer. If
you order us to stop one of these payments three business days or more
before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable
for your losses or damages.
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTION'S LIABILITY. If
we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time, or in
the correct amount according to your agreement with us, we will be
liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions.
We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line.
- If the automated teller machine where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash.
- If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the
transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- There may be other exceptions stated in your agreement with us.
IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS. You will telephone us at (607) 273-0444 or 1-877-282-0444 or
us at: Tompkins Financial Corp, Card Services Department, P.O. Box 460,
Ithaca, NY 14851 as soon as you can if you think your statement or
receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed
on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60
days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error
appeared. You will:
- Tell us your name and account number (if any)
the error or the transfer you are unsure about and explain as clearly
as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error
If you tell us orally, we can require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (5
business days if point-of-sale transaction, and 20 business days if new
account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If
we need more time, however, we can take up to 45 days (90 days if
point-of-sale transaction, or new account, or a foreign initiated
transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do
this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (5 business
days if point-of-sale transaction, and 20 business days if new account)
for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of
the funds during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If
we request your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive
it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. For the
purpose of this paragraph, an account is a new account for a period of
30 days from the date of the first deposit to the account.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing
our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send
you a written explanation. You can ask for copies of the documents that
we used in our investigation.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS WHILE USING ATM's.
- The activity at each of our automated teller machines (ATMs) is recorded by a surveillance camera.
- Close the entrance door completely on entering and leaving any enclosed ATM facility and do not permit any unknown persons to enter it with you
after regular banking hours.
- If you withdraw cash, place it securely on your person before exiting the ATM facility.
- Use the nearest public telephone (or your cell phone, if you have one) to call police if emergency assistance is needed.
- Complaints about security in our ATM facilities should be directed to our Security
Department at (607) 273-3111 or to the State of New York Banking
Department at 1-888-697-2861.